Calibre pesado aumenta el daño de las armas principales (excluyendo escopetas) a costa de una menor precisión en un 15% y -5% por rango, en un máximo de 165% y -55% en el rango 10, respectivamente.
- In comparison to Serration, Heavy Caliber costs two more mod power for the same damage buff despite the accuracy reduction.
- Instead of reducing the accuracy by 5% per rank, each rank increases spread by a specific percent per rank depending on the weapon. This effectively reduces accuracy, but may reduce it by greater than 5% per rank (according to the Arsenal UI).
- Damage increase of Heavy Caliber stacks additively with that of Serration. With Serration and Heavy Caliber both maxed, you can reach +330% base damage in total, before adding Elemental and Faction based damage mods.
- Since the two stack additively, combining the two can be cost ineffective when weighed against mod point drain. Adding a maxed Heavy Caliber onto a maxed Serration yields only an additional 62% to your base shot damage. This is because the relative increase from 265% damage to 430% damage is not as significant as the increase from 100% to 265%.
- Accuracy will suffer on weapons without 100% accuracy, affecting the actual bullet path. This makes even accurate guns like the Soma spread bullets considerably at maximum rank.
- Not recommended for the Miter as the projectiles will fly very far from the reticle. Strangely this does not apply for the Panthera despite the similarities between the two.
- Currently, the only mod that can reduce Heavy Caliber's negative effects is Guided Ordinance, and only when you successfully hit an enemy.
- When it was first released, Heavy Caliber's original penalty was an increase in recoil as well as damage. However the recoil penalty did not affect recoil-less weapons (Flux Rifle, Ignis, Synapse, Paris, Lanka, and among others), effectively acting as another instance of Serration. This was confirmed to be unintentional in Warframe Prime Time - Episode 2 (9:40). The mod's penalty was changed in Actualización 10.4.
- Currently, weapons that are not affected or barely affected by the accuracy penalty are shown below.
- Serration, the normal variant of this mod.
- Magnum Force, the pistol counterpart of this mod.
- Vicious Spread, the shotgun counterpart of this mod.