- Blood Rush multiplies critical chance based on the Melee Combo Counter.
- Without a Combo Counter, Blood Rush provides no bonus to critical chance. At 1.5x, it provides 1.65 × 1.5 = +247.5% critical chance and at 2.0x, 1.65 × 2.0 = +330% critical chance.
- Blood Rush does work with quick melee strikes, as they do increase the Combo Counter, which is counted and maintained even if the weapon is not actively equipped.
- Blood Rush does not work with Warframe ability weapons, which include Exalted Blade, Hysteria, and Primal Fury.
- Pairs very well with Body Count or Drifting Contact, which allow players to keep the Combo Counter up more consistently.
- Since thrown attacks from Glaive weapons aren't affected by the Combo Counter, they also will not receive any bonus from Blood Rush.
The formula for calculating the increased critical chance reached by the mod is as follows:
Crit Chance = Modded Crit Chance × (1 + Blood Rush Multiplier × Combo Multiplier)
For example, a weapon with 15% base critical chance, modded with maxed True Steel (+60%) and Blood Rush, and with a Combo Counter of 2.5x would reach 0.15 × 1.6 × (1 + 1.65 × 2.5) = 123% chance to crit.